Wednesday, May 27, 2009

10th Anniversary


Ryan and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary on May 15th! I have had such grand plans in my mind all these years of the benchmark date we would have to celebrate our decade anniversary together. But, oh how life has a way of keeping us humble sometimes. Being unemployed this year gave good reason for us to draw on our more creative abilities. Instead of a gracious and romantic night out together, we stayed home with the kids. I baked a cake similar to what was served at our reception so we could share a few of our memories with the kids. I guess I learned that #1, don't put off having special dates in hopes of saving up for a great big one at some later date! The resources may not be there later. Savor each year, and do something special, big or small to celebrate - every year. #2, the only people who are really going care and remember our anniversary as time goes on besides us, is our children. No one will be more intimately affected by the events of that day than our four sweet boys. We should take the opportunity to share special memories of that day with them. This year, we did!

No comments: