Finally....I just got my score report for the second part of the Praxis II Elementary Education Exam. I passed both parts! This is a Federal mandated test now required by the No Child Left Behind Act for all teachers in all states. Starting this upcoming school year, Federal funding for schools will be based on the number of teachers who are what they call "Highly Qualified". Since I'm not currently employed by a school district, the only way for me to reach that status was to complete this exam process. It is now required for college graduates to pass in order to become certified. Since I'm already certified, they can't require teachers to go back and take it, but since I hope to be hired as a teacher again this Fall, it's evident that Principals are going to be looking for candidates who have this credential.
The first part of the test was all comprehensive knowledge over Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, and Science. 120 multiple choice with only 2 hours to complete. It was tough! But I finished and passed with a score of 176 (143 required to pass). The second part of the test is called the PLT (Practices and Learning Techniques). This was made up of 35 muliple choice and 12 essays written off of case studies provided by the exam. Again, 2 hours to complete. I didn't quite finish the last essay question, but did manage to earn a decent score of 180 (161 required to pass). This completes the necessary requirements to let me be called "Highly Qualified" in all Elementary Areas. Hopefully, it pays off now that we're coming into hiring season for next year! Keep your fingers crossed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment